- Pain or discomfort around the ear.
- Child reporting ear pain.
- Child acting like previously with ear infection (crying, fussy).
- Give acetaminophen or ibuprofen (if older than 6 months)
- Raise the head of the bed 30 – 45.
- Apply warm compress to ear – if older than 1 year.
- Try a few drops of warm Oragel to affected ear. DO NOT USE IF EAR IS DRAINING.
- If earache persists to the morning and child has a fever, call for an appointment.
Remember: Earaches do not always indicate an infection.